Thursday 17 October 2013

LPC logo experimentation

I liked the pen/quill shape but I thought it was too plain and uninteresting if it was just kept black so I decided to add colour. Instead of colouring the actual pen head I decided to put it on a coloured, pixel style background, I believe it fitted quite well on it. It was just a case then of how I would merge the two. So I did a series of iterations and experiments to see which version of the pen head would suit the coloured squares best. I wanted the pen head to stand out, I didn't want the coloured squares to overpower the shape.
I decided to go for the white pen head. It seemed a nice use of negative space on the coloured background. A tall thin font, placed at the bottom of the logo, seemed to work best also.



No comments:

Post a Comment