Monday 28 October 2013

LPC logo- Re-visit

I got some feedback that my logo had possibly too many coloured squares. My thinking behind this design choice was that the many coloured squares would represent the individual customer that would buy stationary in a small amount in-store, contrasting with the corporate audience. Also when I think of stationary I think of many different colours from the paints,inks, pencils etc. But I thought it was important to a complete design process that I explore different colour schemes and ideas.


My logo with alternate colour scheme
Current LPC colour scheme

I decided to experiment and use the current LPC colour scheme (blue and yellow) with my logo. When I first seen the LPC logo and it's colour scheme I didn't think it was very visually appealing at all. The colours don't compliment each other and it seems quite dated, lifeless and uninteresting.

I also got some feedback that my lettering, specifically the 'LPC', was not working as a unit. I could see the problem here as the 'LP' and 'C' seemed separate from each other, they needed to be spaced with equal distance to make the logo work. So I experimented with some different fonts and letter spacing.



From this I discovered that a thick font for the 'LPC' combined with a thin font for the 'stationary' works quite well, so I amended my logo.

Updated font and colour scheme.

These logos were designed using the current LPC colour scheme but but with a much needed update. Instead of yellow and blue block colours I went for a more gradient style. Although I think these logos work well with their updated colour schemes I still like my idea of the many coloured squares.

Combining font and squares.
This was just seeing how my font would work on top of the coloured squares. This demonstrates that text is still legible on top of these squares in case LPC would want to do this on any of their livery.

No comments:

Post a Comment